Beautiful and rare, one of 3467 1956 Chevrolet Corvette two top roadsters produced. This amazing piece of automotive history underwent a very comprehensive three year frame off restoration with only a few hundred miles since completion. Fresh 265 C.I. V8 with dual four barrel carburetors and optional dual point distributor. Always a local car that was raced at the Des Moines dragstrip in the 60's under the name "Mighty Mouse" for its reputation of beating cars with bigger engines. In 1967 when the dragway closed the car was disassembled and stored away for safe keeping until 2012 when it was brought back to its glory.
- Documented frame off restoration with many pictures of the build including pictures of the original car in its drag race glory days.
- Amazing body structure as well as fit and finish.
- Professionally painted, assembled and buffed to a deep shine.
- New white soft top
- Rare one year only hardtop that has been painted to match with a new headliner.
- New chrome includes bumpers, grill, headlight bezels, park lamps, taillights and emblems.
- New stainless side trim around the coves.
- New windshield and gasket.
- New Firestone Deluxe Champion wide whitewall tires with New chrome factory spinner hubcaps.
- Stunning New interior that looks fresh and inviting.
- New seat upholstery
- New door panels with stainless trim and armrests
- New carpet with floormats
- Restored gauges with new chrome bezels
- Restored correct steering wheel and horn center
- Beautifully painted dash with new pad
- All stainless has been polished to look new.
- Show quality engine compartment that has been restored closely to factory specifications.
- Fresh 1956 date code 265 c.i. V8 engine that is topped with dual four barrel carburetors.
- Rare optional dual point distributor.
- Correct three speed manual transmission that shifts smoothly.
- Amazing frame and floor structure and attention to detail as you would expect from a car of this calibre.
- After the comprehensive restoration was preformed a clear Iowa tile with an assigned vin was completed.
- The undercarriage pictures are a testament to the build quality and care this Corvette has received by its previous owner.
American Dream Machines
At American Dream Machines, we typically have over 100 cars and trucks in stock and for sale. We have everything from Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes, Roadrunners, Chevelles, Bel Airs, Blazers and even British Roadsters. Our classics and muscle cars range from the 1940s to the 1970s. Our stock is diverse and continuously changing and always growing!
Our #1 Goal is to make you, our customer happy with the American classic and muscle cars we offer. We highly recommend that ALL CUSTOMERS call our knowledgeable, experienced and Midwest values staff and have a very detailed discussion regarding overall condition of any of our cars or trucks you are considering getting in the drivers seat of. (515)-245-9100
Centrally located in the heartland of America in Des Moines Iowa, American Dream Machines occupies the historic 41,000 square foot Packard Dealership. We are one of the largest full service classic car dealerships in the Midwest. We have 10 active hoists, mechanics bays, body shop and detail bays that are used by our technicians to inspect, repair, upgrade and detail our cars so that they are ready to be delivered to your driveway for you to drive. Give us a call and we would be happy to help get your dream car to almost any location worldwide!
ALL OF OUR PICTURES AND VIDEOS ARE REAL, ALL THE WAY AROUND! We photograph our cars in our professional photo studio for the best possible image accuracy and representation of the cars. Our videos are created by our onsite staff in our shop and around the dealership / Des Monies area. We do this because of our commitment to the authenticity and quality of the cars that we sell and the commitment to our customers.