This is the American Dream Machine that started it all. This 1957 Cadillac Biarritz convertible is the personal car of the owner, Doug Klein and has been his pride and joy for almost 20 years. Optioned with factory AC, dual quads, batwing air cleaner, PS, PB, auto dimmer, power windows, power seat, power top, factory AM radio, power antenna, power trunk pull down. According to the previous owners, this magnificent piece of automotive history was sold and driven sparingly in California and has only 29882 miles, making it one of the lowest mileage Biarritz cars in existence. The overall condition of the metal structure validates the authenticity of the car. The previous owner was a millionaire collector who purchased the car at a high end auction in California for $52,000, plus commission over 30 years ago, which was a great deal of money at the time. The car was purchased as meticulously maintained low mileage time bubble car green car. The car was no expense spared to be restored as needed to be at a concourse show level at the time. The original owner that had the car restored had a lot more money invested in the car and was devastated that the car only sold at that price. The metal structure of this incredible Cadillac is exactly what you would expect of a low mileage California car. All metal is factory intact including; frame, floors, body supports and factory pinch welds. The body lines and panel fit are exactly what they should be tight and clean with no bumps or bondo smoothing. The car was repainted at the time or restoration in factory red and paint looks as good or better than the day it rolled off the factory floor. Almost every piece of chrome was redone at the time of restoration or polished to perfection including; front bumper, upper and lower, dagmars, hood bar, grill, head light bezels, tail lights, Fin trim, door handles, windshield trim, side window trim and all glass is in like new condition, rear bumper, lower quarter chrome, re chromed original saber wheels. Refurbished trunk with saber spare, white wall, tools and trunk pull down that works. Lower pot metal bumper sides were in good shape and polished but not restored with minor pitting. The gorgeous red and white factory interior was also redone to match the quality of the of the exterior restoration, with new leather seat covers and door panels, recovered pebble grain dash, Dash bezel and gauges are impeccable and a restored steering wheel look like new. Options include, power seats, power windows, auto dimmer, am radio with factory front and back speaker and power antenna that work and power top that was redone at the time of restoration including, pads rubber and mechanisms and a very expensive factory parade boot. Under the hood is show quality and embellishes the original 365 engine topped of with dual quads and batwing air cleaner, that was rebuilt at the time of the restoration to run on premium pump gas. The rest of of the drive train was also rebuilt. Optioned with power steering, power brakes and factory AC. The factory AC did not work when Doug purchased the car. He had it repaired and serviced by Willis Cadillac and it blew cold at that time, but will need to be re serviced and charged if you want it to blow cold. This magnificent car is a very rare and special car rolling on correct wide whites and shimmering saber wheels.
- Original California Time Bubble Biarritz with only 29882 miles
- Restored as needed to be at a concourse show level
- The body lines and panel fit are exactly what they should be tight and clean with no bumps or bondo smoothing
- Paint looks as good or better than the day it rolled off the factory floor
- Show quality chrome was redone or polished to brilliant shine.
- Re-chromed front bumper, upper and lower, dagmars, hood bar, grill, head light bezels, tail lights, Fin trim,
- Re-chromed door handles, windshield trim and all glass is in like new condition,
- Re-chromed rear bumper, lower quarter chrome
- Refurbished trunk with saber spare, white wall, tools and trunk pull down that works.
- Lower pot metal bumper sides were in good shape and polished but not restored
- Re chromed original saber wheels and wide whites
- Owners personal car for almost 20 years.
- Gorgeous redone red and white leather interior redone at time of restoration
- New leather seat covers and door panels, recovered pebble grain dash,
- Dash bezel and gauges are impeccable and
- Restored steering wheel, rotary clock.
- Options include, power seats, power windows, auto dimmer,
- Original AM factory radio with front and back speakers and power antenna that work
- White power top that was redone at the time of restoration including, pads rubber and mechanisms
- Factory parade boot was also restored.
- Show quality engine compartment
- Original 365 engine with dual quads and Batwing air cleaner
- Rebuilt to run on premium pump gas.
- The rest of of the drive train was also rebuilt.
- Optioned with power steering, power brakes and factory AC.
- The factory AC did not work when Doug purchased the car.
- Repaired and serviced by Willis Cadillac
- Blew cold at that time, but will need to be re serviced and charged to work
American Dream Machines
- Incredible solid original undercarriage
- All metal is factory intact including; frame, floors, body supports and factory pinch welds
- Freshly re-detailed and protected with a light coat of 3M under coating.
At American Dream Machines, we typically have over 100 quality classic cars and trucks in stock and for sale. We have everything from Corvettes to Cadillacs, Camaros, Mustangs, Mopars, GTOs, Chevelles, Bel Airs, Blazers and exotic sports cars. Our classics and muscle cars range from the 1950s to the 1970s. Our inventory is diverse and continuously changing and always growing! Our #1 Goal is to make you, our customer happy with the American classic and muscle cars we offer. We highly recommend that ALL CUSTOMERS call our knowledgeable, experienced staff and with Midwest values and have very detailed discussions regarding overall condition of any of our classics that you are considering getting in the drivers seat of. Our phone number is (515)-245-9100 and we are centrally located in the heartland of America, in Des Moines Iowa. American Dream Machines occupies the historic 41,000 square foot Packard Dealership. We are one of the largest full service classic car dealerships in the Midwest. We have over 10 active Mechanic hoists, a body shop and detail bays that are used by our technicians to inspect, repair, upgrade and detail our cars so that they are ready to be delivered to your driveway. Please give us a call and we will be happy to help get your dream car to almost any location worldwide! ALL OF OUR PICTURES AND VIDEOS ARE REAL, ALL THE WAY AROUND! We photograph our cars in our professional photo studio for the best possible image accuracy and representation of the cars. We do this because of our commitment to the authenticity and quality of the cars that we sell and the commitment to our customers.