Award winning and well documented L68, 1968 Chevrolet Corvette roadster with the correct, striking color combination of Silverstone Silver paint (code 986) with Gunmetal Silver Grey interior (code 442) and both soft and black vinyl hard convertible top. The Corvette's extensive restoration was completed in 2005 to National Corvette Restorers Society standards and is well documented. This stunning stingray was awarded the 2013 Canada Concours d'Elegance, Judging Award with an overall score of 97.4 out of 100. This factory big block Vette is powered by the original numbers matching 427 cubic inch L68 Turbo Jet engine with tri-power carbs that produce in excess of 400 horsepower and paired with a close-ratio, 4-speed transmission. The extras include power windows, power brakes, push-button AM/FM radio and bucket seats with head restraints. Rolling on Redline tires on rally wheels and polished trim rings. Canadian documents validate that this is a true Silverstone silver car that is a numbers matching 427/400 tri-power roadster from the factory and was dispatched in March of 1968 to Wilson Nibblette Motors Ltd in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
- Extensive frame off restoration
- Factory correct Code-986 Silverstone Silver paint
- Both like new black soft top and vinyl hardtop
- Show quality chrome and stainless trim
- Restored Corvette rally wheels with chrome trim rings
- New redline tires
- Interior restored in code-442 Gunmetal Silver Grey
- Reconditioned dash with clear crisp instrumentation
- Simulated wood steering wheel
- AM FM Pushbutton radio
- Electric windows
- Tinted glass
- Head restraints
- Numbers matching L68 427 CID 400 HP High Performance Tri Carb V8
- Engine bay has been detailed to show quality standards
- Power 4 wheel disc brakes
- Muncie close ratio 4 speed transmission
- According to previous inspections by the engine was rebuilt to factory specs using all OEM parts
- All components are refinished to factory specifications
- The chassis has been refinished to correct show quality condition using only the highest quality materials available. All suspension, brakes and steering have been replaced with NCRS correct components with correct markings, date codes and part numbers.
American Dream Machines
At American Dream Machines, we typically have over 100 quality classic cars and trucks in stock and for sale. We have everything from Corvettes to Cadillacs, Camaros, Mustangs, Mopars, GTOs, Chevelles, Bel Airs, Blazers and exotic sports cars. Our classics and muscle cars range from the 1950s to the 1970s. Our inventory is diverse and continuously changing and always growing! Our #1 Goal is to make you, our customer happy with the American classic and muscle cars we offer. We highly recommend that ALL CUSTOMERS call our knowledgeable, experienced staff and with Midwest values and have very detailed discussions regarding overall condition of any of our classics that you are considering getting in the drivers seat of. Our phone number is (515)-245-9100 and we are centrally located in the heartland of America, in Des Moines Iowa. American Dream Machines occupies the historic 41,000 square foot Packard Dealership. We are one of the largest full service classic car dealerships in the Midwest. We have over 10 active Mechanic hoists, a body shop and detail bays that are used by our technicians to inspect, repair, upgrade and detail our cars so that they are ready to be delivered to your driveway. Please give us a call and we will be happy to help get your dream car to almost any location worldwide! ALL OF OUR PICTURES AND VIDEOS ARE REAL, ALL THE WAY AROUND! We photograph our cars in our professional photo studio for the best possible image accuracy and representation of the cars. We do this because of our commitment to the authenticity and quality of the cars that we sell and the commitment to our customers.